Project Manager, Building Services
Executive Level 1
Position No. 1330
The Project Manager,is responsible for managing and delivering approved capital works in line with the Gallery’s Strategic Asset Management Plan (SAMP) predominantly dealing with building fabric, infrastructure and grounds and reports to the Manager, Building Services.
- Develop and manage a detailed SAMP detailing scope of works, clear objectives, goals and deliverables in line with the 1and 5 year capital works program.
- Implement and monitor building services Work Health and Safety systems to achieve and maintain work health and safety standards.
- In consultation with the Manager Building Services, prepare project cost estimates, schedules, cash flow projections and maintain project cost control.
- Ensure all SAMP projects are managed and administered in accordance with approved project management methodologies and practices.
- Supervise and provide direction to the ProjectAdministration Officer.
- Demonstrated high level project management skills with experience in an operational building within a Gallery or Museum environment.
- Demonstrated high level financial acumen to effectively monitor and control project budgets.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and effectively maintain cooperative relationships and networks with a range of internal and external stakeholders,exercisingnegotiation skills, problem solving skills exercising sound judgment and initiative and highly developed organisational ability.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication, representational and negotiation skills.
- A strong commitment to effective staff management practices with a proven ability to lead and develop a multi-disciplined team.
- Ability to promote and apply the principles of workplace diversity and participative management practices.
Job Specific WH&S Requirements / Information for Supervisor and Occupant
The Project Manager, Building Services is expected to take all reasonable practicable steps to ensure the health and safety of all by supporting and participating in initiatives aimed at improving health and safety in the Gallery, particularly through the process of continuous improvement. This includes ensuring tasks and procedures are undertaken in a manner which safeguards the health and safety of Gallery employees, contractors, volunteers and visitors and ensuring the Gallery’s legal obligations for WH&S is met in relation to systems of work.
Within 1 month of commencing in the position the occupant, in discussion with his/her supervisor, must complete an Individual Development and Performance Agreement and Health and Safety Responsibilities checklist to identify any section specific WH&S issues and training required.
Position No: 1330
Position: Project Manager, Building Services
Classification: Executive Level 1
Department: Facilities Management
Immediate Supervisor: Manager, Building Services
Hours per week: 37.5