Marketing & Communications ManagerExecutive Level 1
Position No. 2304
The position reports to the Head of Marketing and Communications and is part of the Marketing and Communications team, within the Development, Marketing & Commercial Operations program.
The aim of the Marketing and Communications team is to ensure the effective promotion and positioning of the Gallery, its activities and products in all markets in Australia and overseas.
- With limited supervision, develop and implement exhibition national marketing, ticketing & publicity strategies in order to achieve the corporate and business objectives of the National Gallery of Australia, our exhibitions and public programs.
- Build and maintain relationships with the media and Gallery media partners to ensure positive coverage of the National Gallery, its exhibitions and events.
- Provide marketing advice to the Head of Marketing & Communications and senior management on issues relating to exhibition marketing, customer service issues and on campaign requirements.
- Ensure high levels of creativity and quality in the development of designs for campaigns and ensure consistent application of the Gallery's visual identity to clearly position the Gallery to a range of markets and audiences.
- Oversee the organisation and delivery of major Gallery events such as openings and media launches, including the management of associated event budgets.
- Develop and oversee the development of high quality marketing and media relations content including marketing and advertising copy, creative briefs and website content.
- Develop and manage the Gallery's advertising schedule including the negotiation and booking of advertising where appropriate across all media, and evaluate the effectiveness of Gallery advertising.
- Act as a representative on behalf of the Gallery at key industry events and through participation in industry bodies involved with marketing and media relations.
- Manage the Gallery's ticketing, marketing databases and direct marketing promotions and campaigns to support the achievement of visitation, ticketing and revenue targets.
- Manage the Gallery's market research and evaluation programs, and use the results to inform strategies that promote the Gallery's products, programs and activities.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing successful marketing and publicity campaigns that have achieved objectives for major exhibitions, events or products, preferably within a cultural institution.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with a range of internal and external stakeholders and partners in the development and implementation of an integrated approach to marketing.
- Demonstrated experience in managing direct marketing campaigns, customer relationship databases and ticketing for major events.
- Demonstrated experience in managing marketing campaign budgets including allocation of advertising spend and event budgets.
- Superior written communication skills with demonstrated experience in the development of promotional materials and copywriting for marketing collateral.
- High level verbal communication, negotiation and presentation skills, with demonstrated experience in effectively representing an organisation in a range of formal and informal contexts.
- Ability to promote and apply the principles of workplace diversity and participative management practices.
Job Specific WH&S Requirements / Information for Supervisor and Occupant
The Marketing and Communications Manager is expected to take all reasonably practicable steps to ensure the health and safety of all by supporting and participating in initiatives aimed at improving health and safety in the NGA, particularly through the process of continuous improvement. This includes ensuring tasks and procedures are undertaken in a manner which safeguards the health and safety of NGA employees, contractors, volunteers and visitors and ensuring the NGA's legal obligations for WH&S is met in relation to systems of work.
Within 1 month of commencing in the position the occupant, in discussion with his/her supervisor, must complete an Individual Development and Performance Agreement and Health and Safety Responsibilities checklist to identify any section specific WH&S issues and training required.
Position No: 2304
Position: Marketing & Communications Manager
Classification: Executive Level 1
Section: Marketing and Communications
Immediate Supervisor: Head of Marketing and Communications
Hours per week: 37.5