The National Gallery of Australia (the Gallery) is an independent Commonwealth statutory authority within the Department of Regional Australia, Local Government, Arts and Sport portfolio. the Gallery is one of Australia’s major cultural institutions.
The Gallery has a diverse workforce of 280 staff and seeks to attract staff who are self-motivated and professional in their approach, for work in a challenging and rewarding environment. The Gallery is a great place to work, with employees enjoying many benefits—which include:
- being part of a team that is recognised internationally for the quality of its collection;
- being part of an organisation that is highly respected in the art community, both nationally and internationally;
- opportunity to further develop skills and experience;
- access to generous superannuation benefit schemes;
- flexibility in work, and flexible working conditions;
- an accredited breastfeeding friendly workplace;
- challenging and enjoyable work;
- gaining a unique work experience; and
- access to free car parking close to facilities.
- NGA Enterprise Agreement 2011-2014 (380k pdf)
- Download advice for job applicants (79k pdf)
- Personal particulars form
- Referee report form