Reproductions & Digital Print Services
Pablo Picasso Visage (face) 1928 National Gallery of Australia, Canberra Felix Man Collection, Special Government Grant 1972 © Pablo Picasso. Licensed by Succession Picasso & VISCOPY, Australia
To order images of works of art in the Gallery’s collection for reproduction purposes, please download and complete the Reproduction Request Form and post or fax it to the Rights & Permissions Officer (see contact details below).
- Reproduction request form (535 kb)
Seeking copyright permission for reproductions
Where the Gallery does not own the copyright in the works of art being ordered, the Gallery will provide (wherever possible) the last known address of the copyright holder so that applicants may obtain appropriate copyright permissions. A copy of this permission must be supplied to the Rights & Permissions Officer before the relevant image material is dispatched to the applicant. Any copyright fees requested by copyright holders are the responsibility of the applicant, and are additional to the Gallery’s image hire and reproduction fees.
The Gallery accepts no responsibility for images reproduced without the copyright holder’s permission.
Moral rights in regard to reproductions
Reproductions of works of art in the Gallery’s collection must be correctly and adequately acknowledged with captions provided by the Gallery. Works must be reproduced appropriately and with due consideration for the artist’s honour and reputation. Failure to comply with these conditions may constitute an infringement of a copyright holder’s moral rights. Further information regarding Australia’s Moral Rights Legislation can be found at scaleplus.law.gov.au.
Private research & study
To order images of works of art from the Gallery’s collection for private research and study purposes, please download and complete the Private Research & Study form and post or fax it to the Rights & Permissions Officer (see contact details below).
- Private Research & Study form (441 kb)
A tax invoice will be issued upon receipt of the signed application form. The invoice must be paid in full before image material is dispatched to the applicant. 10% GST (Goods and Services Tax) will be added to all Australian orders. International orders are exempt from GST.
- Fee Schedule (158 kb)
The Gallery endeavours to supply image material in a timely fashion to meet the applicant’s deadline. The following caveats, however, must be taken into account when placing an order for image material:
- Existing image material: Images produced from existing image material can take up to 4 weeks to complete.
- New photography: New photography of works of art can take up to 12 weeks to complete.
- Deadlines: Due to variable circumstances, heavy workloads and schedules, the Gallery cannot warrant that the delivery of image material will meet your deadline if the lead time is less than 4 weeks for images produced from existing image material or less than 12 weeks for images that require new photography.
- Publishers are strongly advised to allow sufficient time in their publication schedules for the checking and approval of proof prints.
Reproductions via the Bridgeman Art LibrarySince 2009, the Gallery has been working with the Bridgeman Art Library (London) with the aim of increasing the availability of selected images to overseas clients. The images currently available through the Bridgeman Art Library website can be viewed here:
Note: Clients who obtain images through the Bridgeman Art Library do not need to submit the Reproduction Request Form.