Family Activity Room
9:15 am – 4:45 pm daily
(4 Dec 2009 – 18 April 2010)
The Family Activity Room provides a place where children and families can take part in art activities. Two trained staff working in the room will welcome families and assist parents and children with activities. A feature of the room is a 3D reproduction of Van Gogh’s Bedroom at Arles.
- Pre- booking is not possible. If the room is full, staff may request a family returns in 10 mins
- Free of charge upon entry to exhibition
- Entry through Room 4 of the exhibition.
- The room contains 4 activity stations designed for children aged 3–12 years and their families, self-portraiture and still life drawing; origami star making for the van Gogh Starry night wall and puzzles of the works of art.
- Origami star instructions van Gogh Starry night wall
- A children’s audio tour and exhibition trail are also available as is a Sculpture Garden Children’s trail and National Australia Bank Sculpture Gallery Children’s Trail.
- View childrens events
- View photos on Flickr here
Photos from the Family Activity Room are on our Flickr photo stream
Still life and self-portraiture drawings created in the Family Activity Room are on our Flickr photo stream