- Open 1 Jun 2013 – 15 Sep 2013
- 10.00 am – 5.00 pm every day
- Please visit the ticketing part of our site for full details.
When you purchase your tickets, you will be asked to choose a date and time when you would like to see the exhibition. Tickets are sold every hour from 10am. With a timed ticket, a pre-established number of guests can enter during each session. This will allow for minimal queues if any and will enhance your viewing experience by limiting the number of patrons in the exhibition at the one time. The Gallery closes 1 hour after the last session.
Parking and access
Please note that the National Gallery car parks are accessible off Bowen Drive and Parkes Place East.
Click here for parking information
- Tickets – Ticketek 132 849 or ticketek.com.au
- Recorded information +61 2 6240 6501
- General information +61 2 6240 6411
- For visitors with mobility difficulties +61 2 6240 6411
- General email enquiries
- Membership – 1800 020 068
Family activity room
- 10am - 5pm Mon-Sun including public holidays
Become a member
Join now and receive one complimentary ticket plus annual National Gallery member benefits. Join here
Thirty second TV commercial
Audio and Guided tours
The audio tour provides an interesting narration that guides you through the exhibition. An adult tour and a children's tour are available. These can be pre purchased through Ticketek when you purchase your ticket or purchased from the Audio Tour desk outside the exhibition.
- $6.00 Single
- $10.00 (shared)
- $6.00 Children's
Guides are in attendance. Guided exhibition tours available if crowds permit. Guided tour times are 10.15am, 11.15am 1.15pm and 2.15pm daily.
The Gallery Cafe, overlooking the Sculpture Garden, serves a wide range of morning, afternoon tea and lunch options. Breakfast is available all day and all pastries and tarts are baked on site. A carefully selected range of wines is available and the lunch blackboard menu offers something more substantial.
- Open daily 10.00am – 4.30pm.