National Visual Art
Connecting Classrooms, Curriculum & Collections
21 – 23 January 2014
The NAB passionate about supporting Australian communities and helping young artists reach their potential. Learn more at nab.com.au
The National Gallery of Australia presents the National Visual Art Education Conference in Canberra in January 2014.
We look forward to welcoming those interested in visual arts education from around the country and beyond. The program will include national and international keynote speakers reflecting the broad interests and key issues in the visual art education.
This conference is for pre-school, primary, middle school, secondary and tertiary educators, plus artists and educators from the museum and public gallery sectors.
The program includes keynote papers, panel sessions, conference papers and studio workshops. There will be opportunities to network, up skill and update academic and professional knowledge.
Keynote speakers include:
- Shaun Gladwell - Artist
- Fiona Hall - Artist
- Dr Emily Pringle Head of Learning Practice and Research at Tate Gallery, London
- Ron Ritchhart- Senior Research Associate, Harvard Project Zero and Fellow at the University of Melbourne
Additional speakers and workshop facilitators include:
- Kathy Temin - Artist
- Jonathan Jones - Artist
- Marian Drew - Artist
- Sandra & Melissa Aitken - Artists
- Ricardo Idagi - Artist
- Di Kerr - Educational Consultant, Education Services Australia Ltd /ACARA
- Franchesca Cubillo - Senior Adviser, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Art, National Gallery of Australia
- Wally Caruana - Consultant and former Senior Curator of Aboriginal Art, National Gallery of Australia
- Tamara Winikoff - Executive Director of the National Association for the Visual Arts