National Visual Art
Education Conference 2016
New directions: practice + innovation + learning
Wed 20 - Fri 22 January 2016
$375.00 early bird price (closes 13 December)
$425.00 full price
Workshop prices TBC
Conference dinner $90
Registrations will open shortly. Stay tuned.
For conference enquiries email or telephone
+61 2 6240 6524.
Conference is proudly supported by
NGA Betty Churcher Art Education and Access Programs are made possible with the support of Tim Fairfax AC
The National Gallery of Australia looks forward to again welcoming those interested in visual arts education from around the country and beyond to the third National Visual Art Education Conference in January 2016. The theme of the conference New directions: practice + innovation + learning will focus discussions on a broad range of current issues in visual art education that are relevant to teachers of all levels of schooling as well as artists and educators from the museum and public gallery sectors.
The program will include national and international keynote speakers, panel sessions, conference papers and studio workshops. There will be opportunities to network, up skill and update academic and professional knowledge.
A call for papers will follow in August 2015; papers should fit into one of the following categories:
- Future directions of art education
- Beyond the curriculum
- The digital influence: change and innovation
- Research informing future practice
Confirm keynote speakers include:
- Professor Howard Gardner, John H. and Elisabeth A. Hobbs Professor of Cognition and Education at the Harvard Graduate School of Education. Professor Gardner also holds positions as Adjunct Professor of Psychology at Harvard University and Senior Director of Harvard Project Zero (appearing via video link).
- Ellen Winner, Professor and Chair of Psychology at Boston College, and Senior Research Associate at Project Zero, Harvard Graduate School of Education (appearing via video link).
- Rika Burnham, Head of Education at The Frick Collection in New York City.
Additional program details and speakers will be added to the website in the coming months. Registration will open in September 2015.
See previous 2014 NVAEC