Further Reading and Resources
- Amadio, Nadine, Albert Namatjira: the life and work of an Australian painter, Macmillan, South Melbourne, Vic., 1986.
- Batty, Joyce D, Namatjira: wanderer between two worlds, Hodder and Stoughton, Melbourne, 1963.
- Brackenreg, John, Central Australian artist: Albert Namatjira, Legend Press, Sydney, 1984.
- Byrnes, Mona, Albert Namatjira, Araluen Arts Centre, Alice Springs, 1984 (exhibition catalogue, Araluen Arts Centre, 20 June - 14 July 1984).
- Hall, VC, Namatjira of the Aranda, Rigby, Adelaide, 1962.
- Hardy, Jane, JVS Megaw & M Ruth Megaw (eds), The heritage of Namatjira: the watercolourists of Central Australia, William Heinemann Australia, Melbourne, 1992.
- Mackenzie, Andrew, Albert Namatjira, 1902-1959: a biographical sketch, Oz Publishing, Brisbane, 1988.
- Megaw, M Ruth (ed.), The heritage of Namatjira, Australian Exhibitions Touring Agency, Melbourne, 1991 (exhibition catalogue).
- Mountford, Charles P, The art of Albert Namatjira, Bread and Cheese Club, Melbourne, 1944.
- Namatjira the painter, Lee Robinson (director), Charles Mountford (associate producer), Axel Poignant (cameraman), Commonwealth Department of Information, 1947.
- The phantom stockman, Chips Rafferty and Charles Heath (producers), Lee Robinson (director), Platypus Productions. Distributed in Australia by Universal Pictures.
- My father's country, Norman K Wallis (director),1957. Distributed by Ampol Petroleum.
- Gateway to Central Australia, Edmee Campbell Dobbie (director), J Campbell Dobbie (producer), JJ Hull (narrator), produced by the United Evangelical Church in Australia, 1957. (Collection: Lutheran Archives of Australia, Adelaide, RT/10.)
- Sons of Namatjira, Curtis Levy (director), Australian Institute of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Studies, Canberra, 1975.
- First citizen, John Tristram (director), Juniper Films, 1988.