- 6 Dec 2013 – 21 Apr 2014, Canberra only
- 10am – 5pm every day (except Christmas day)
- Late night openings - Friday 28 February and 1, 7 & 8 March, 5 – 9pm
- Please visit the ticketing part of our site for full details.
Parking and access
Please note that the National Gallery car parks are accessible off Bowen Drive and Parkes Place East.
Click here for parking information
- Tickets – Ticketek on 1300 795 012 or ticketek.com.au
- General information +61 2 6240 6411
- For visitors with mobility difficulties +61 2 6240 6411
- General email enquiries
- Membership – 1800 020 068
Family activity room
- 10am - 5pm Mon-Sun including public holidays
- Late opening on evenings of Friday 28 February and 1, 7 & 8 March, 5 – 9pmore informat
Become a member
Join now and receive one complimentary ticket plus annual National Gallery member benefits. Join here
- Open 10am – 4.30pm daily
Overlooking the Sculpture Garden the Gallery cafe offers breakfast, morning, afternoon tea and lunch options as well as children’s meals plus a selection of wines by the glass, great coffee and sweets.
- Open 8.30am – 2.30pm daily
The outdoor cafe adjacent to the front entrance is a great place for coffee, cold drinks and light snacks.
- Exclusive to members and up to three guests.
Open 10am – 4.30pm daily
Relax and unwind in the Members Lounge while taking in magnificent views overlooking the Sculpture Garden. Enjoy delicious gourmet food and wine or indulge in a scrumptious cake with coffee or tea in peaceful surrounds.
Sculpture Garden Restaurant
- Lunch from 12pm Wednesday to Sunday
- Breakfast from 8am Saturday and Sunday
- Reservations (02) 6240 6660
To celebrate the exhibition internationally renowned interior designer Megan Morton has re-styled our Sculpture Garden Restaurant. Come and relax in our intriguing and playful restaurant, suitable for the whole family and experience our new Peruvian inspired menu.
Now open every Thursday evening from 5pm throughout summer in the National Gallery of Australia Sculpture Garden. Enjoy a range of Peruvian-inspired food and drinks and relax to the tunes of Canberra's best DJs.
For updates, follow and engage with us on social media using the hashtag #sculpturebarthursdays.
Audio and Guided tours
The audio tour provides an interesting narration that guides you through the exhibition. An adult tour and a children's tour are available. These can be pre purchased through Ticketek when you purchase your ticket or purchased from the Audio Tour desk outside the exhibition.
- $6.00 Single
- $10.00 (shared)
- $6.00 Children's
Free with exhibition ticket, with a maximum capacity of approximately 20 visitors. Tours depart from the exhibition foyer throughout the day until 21 April, when crowds permit.
- March 10.15am, 11.15am, 1.15pm, 2.15pm
- family friendly tours during12 to 21 April 11.15am and 2.15pm
- Spanish language tours 15 Feb and 15 March 3pm
(bookings essential for this tour: tel. 02 6240 6701, Mon- Fri)