The Indigenous Arts Leadership program provides an opportunity for up to 10 Indigenous Australians to travel to the National Gallery of Australia in Canberra and learn about the visual arts and museum sector over 10 days.
Participants will be presented with a unique program that includes:
- an insight into the National Gallery of Australia and the largest display of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander art in the world
- a place where participants can explore the Australian Indigenous arts sector and the myriad of issues that impact on it and can share their experiences with other Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander visual arts leaders and professionals to shape discussion on the future of the sector.
- a supportive environment for participants to investigate what their future roles in the Indigenous visual arts sector can be through mentorship and guidance with Gallery staff and other Indigenous visual arts professionals.
They will also enjoy an ongoing connection with the Gallery and the Wesfarmers Arts Indigenous Fellowship network to build and connect people and to promote and share knowledge and experiences.
- Location: National Gallery of Australia, Canberra, ACT
- Dates: 18 – 28 November 2013
- Duration: 10 days (plus two days travel)
- Value: Return airfare, 1-year membership to the Gallery and Canberra-based transport, accommodation and meals
- Entry: Visual, audio, digital or written application addressing the application questions. Support materials (eg portfolio of work, samples of writing etc) may be included in your application but should not be larger than a standard (A4) sheet of paper
- Closing date for submissions: Wednesday 31 July 2013
To be eligible to apply for the Indigenous Arts Leadership program, you must:
- identify and be accepted in the community as an Australian Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
- be over 18 years old
- be able to travel to and stay in Canberra for up to 14 days from 16 – 29 November 2013 (program runs 18 – 28 November)
- have a strong interest in the visual arts
- be willing to be photographed and interviewed to further promote the program in ongoing marketing campaigns.
- 2013 Leadership program application pack (pdf)
Proudly supported by: