Art Steps: Jeffrey Smart
Jeffrey Smart was interested in the visual experience of being in a city. He enjoyed painting the simple shapes and bold colours of signs set in city landscapes.
Make a geometric sign inspired by Jeffrey Smart to display in your neighbourhood.
At the Gallery, join us at the Family Desk (10.30am – 3pm). From home, create and share anytime by following step-by-step.
- Collect paper with bold colours
- Cut shapes, such as triangles, squares, or zigzags
- Arrange the shapes on cardboard to make a sign. How can you use shapes to communicate your message?
- Stick everything in place with glue or tape
- Display your sign in your neighbourhood
- Take a picture and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.