Discover the magic of light
- One sheet of good-quality paper
- A selection of watercolour pencils
- A glass vessel filled with water
- A torch
- A paintbrush
Start by looking at the works of art listed below. We have suggested some questions that will help facilitate a discussion, then follow the instructional video to create your own work of art.
The video can be watched before you begin artmaking, or it can be watched while you make with participants following along. We encourage you to pause or rewind as required.
- Fill a glass vesel with water and place it on a sheet of paper.
- Shine a torch through the glass and observe the patterns that emerge.
- Colour the patterns with watercolur pencils.
Choose a workshop
Explore horizon lines and play with perspective
Experiment with mark making and discover lyricism in art
Play with found materials and experiment with pattern