ART STORE TERMS & CONDITIONS
Pricing and currency
- All pricing is in Australian dollars (AUD) and includes Australian Goods and Services Tax (GST). You will be able to view the GST component of your purchase on your receipt.
- All prices are subject to change without notice.
- Art Store does not accept payments by cash or cheque.
- We accept all major EFTPOS and credit cards, VISA, MASTERCARD, AMEX there is a surcharge for Visa or Mastercard.
- We do not accept DINERS CLUB.
- National Gallery of Australia does not store any of your credit card information. Our secure encrypted payment gateway ensures your personal details are protected.
- While we engage a contracted service provider to deliver this secure payment system, we do not warrant and can’t guarantee or take responsibility for the security of information during transit over the internet between the National Gallery and the contracted service provider.
- We offer our members a 10% discount off the total price of products. This offer is only available to current Gallery members and members with current reciprocal benefits from Art Gallery of New South Wales, National Gallery of Victoria, Art Gallery of South Australia, Art Gallery of Western Australian, Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery, Queensland Art Gallery & Gallery of Modern Art, Museum of Contemporary Art, Museum of Applied Arts and Sciences.
- This member discount is not valid in combination with any other discounts, coupons or offers, or applicable to prior purchases.
- We will refund, credit or exchange items which are defective or if by law you are otherwise entitled to a refund for that item. We will not refund purchases if you simply change your mind.
- Unfortunately, we are unable to offer a refund on gift certificates, pierced earrings or sale items unless they are faulty.
- You are responsible for the cost of returning the product to Art Store. Returned stock must arrive in its original condition, along with any box or product packaging and your original receipt.
Returns should be addressed to:
National Gallery Art Store
GPO Box 1150
CANBERRA ACT 2601
Change of Mind
- We will not refund purchases if you simply change your mind. If you change your mind, we may offer to exchange the item or issue a store credit note for the purchase price of the returned item.
- Just visit us and make sure that the items are returned within 30 days of purchase in original and saleable condition together with your original receipt as proof of purchase.
- Original and saleable condition means you have not used, assembled, damaged, washed or laundered any of the items, the tags are still attached, and the items are secured in their original packaging.
- Where items are faulty you can choose between a refund, exchange or store credit note. Just visit us and make sure the item is returned within 30 days of purchase or such other time as permitted under the Australian Consumer Law. Don’t forget to bring the item with you together with your original receipt or proof of purchase.
- If you live outside the Canberra region and your item is faulty please contact Art Store to arrange return.
- Refunds will be made to the same card used to make the original purchase, as a credit-note or as an exchange of goods. Refunds will not be given in cash or by cheque.
- From time to time we offer sale items or clearance items. These items will only be available at a reduced price for a limited time and while stocks last. No further discounts will apply to sale items and the sale discount will not apply to any other products not in the ‘sale’ or ‘clearance’ categories.
- These sale items are sold in ‘as is’ condition. In accordance with Australian Consumer Law we will offer a return on sale item which are faulty, unless you were notified about the fault prior to purchasing the item. We do not exchange, refund or issue a store credit on sale items if you change your mind.
- Sometimes our sale items may have minor imperfections which are not considered eligible for return under sale conditions. If you have any queries about the conditions of sale items, please talk to us before purchasing the item.
Changes in Terms and Conditions
- Art Store at the National Gallery of Australia reserves the right to modify, replace or terminate these Terms and Conditions in the future, for any reason, without notice, and to the extent permitted by law without liability to you or any other user or any third party.
- Any replacement or new terms and conditions will apply to any purchases made after the date we publish them on our website. Please review these Terms and Conditions from time to time so that you will be appraised of any changes.
- For past purchases, the terms and conditions which were published at the time of the purchase are the terms and conditions that apply to that purchase.