Hello, my name is Hayley. I am a Gunditjmara and Djabwurrung woman. I am an artist and my film Nyctinasty is part of the 4th National Indigenous Triennial: Ceremony.
I am interested in how our intuitions and imaginations take us to special places and people while we are dreaming. This can happen while we are asleep and dreaming in our beds and also while we are awake daydreaming.
- Choose some brightly coloured paper and pencils, pastels, or crayons to prepare for this activity.
- Close your eyes and use your imagination to remember a dream where you went to visit a special place or see a special person.
- Share what you can remember – who is there with you? where are you? what are you doing?
- Open your eyes and begin to draw yourself in the dream. Draw all the important elements you remember about your dream.
- Use lots of colours, patterns, and textures to illustrate what you could see, feel, smell, and hear in your dream.